Translate This Page
- 9th Circuit Grants a Temporary Reprieve from Seattle's Ridesharing Union Ordinance - The National Law Review September 18, 20179th Circuit Grants a Temporary Reprieve from Seattle's Ridesharing Union OrdinanceThe National Law ReviewRideshare drivers utilizing apps like Uber and Lyft are independent contractors and, therefore, are expressly excluded from the collective bargaining rights granted by the National Labor Relations Act (“Act”). ... Chamber of Commerce subsequently filed ...
- AP Sources: Feds probe Uber's tracking of Lyft drivers - KRON4.com September 9, 2017KRON4.comAP Sources: Feds probe Uber's tracking of Lyft driversKRON4.comUber is ceding control of its operations in Russia by agreeing to merge its ridesharing business in the country and five other ex-Soviet republics with Yandex, the Russian search-engine leader that also runs a popular taxi-booking app., statement ...FBI tipped in Uber probe over defunct Lyft spying […]
- Court blocks Seattle law letting Uber, Lyft drivers unionize - The Republic September 8, 2017KOMO NewsCourt blocks Seattle law letting Uber, Lyft drivers unionizeThe RepublicSEATTLE — A federal appeals court has temporarily blocked Seattle's first-in-the-nation law allowing drivers of ride-hailing companies such as Uber and Lyft to unionize over pay and working conditions. A three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court ...The Latest: Uber, Lyft hail order blocking […]
- Target Stock Falls More Than 3 Percent As It Slashes Prices - PYMNTS.com September 8, 2017PYMNTS.comTarget Stock Falls More Than 3 Percent As It Slashes PricesPYMNTS.comUber is the focus of a federal investigation in New York as authorities determine whether the ridesharing company used software to interfere illegally with its competitors. The Wall Street Journal reported on the investigation, ... After the article ...Pssst… Here's How to Save Big During […]
- FBI Investigating Defunct Uber Program That Tracked Lyft Drivers - PYMNTS.com September 8, 2017PYMNTS.comFBI Investigating Defunct Uber Program That Tracked Lyft DriversPYMNTS.comUber is the focus of a federal investigation in New York as authorities determine whether the ridesharing company used software to interfere illegally with its competitors. The Wall Street Journal reported on the investigation, citing sources familiar ...and more »
- State Looks to New Economy Firms For Tax Dollars - Hartford Courant September 5, 2017Hartford CourantState Looks to New Economy Firms For Tax DollarsHartford CourantMassachusetts collects a 20-cent fee on all rides provided by transportation network companies such as Uber and Lyft, with a portion of the fund distributed to traditional taxi companies. In Rhode Island ... “Let's hope that state lawmakers find longer ...
- Uber, Lyft leaders to PPA: Leave state laws on TNCs alone - Philadelphia Business Journal August 31, 2017Philadelphia Business JournalUber, Lyft leaders to PPA: Leave state laws on TNCs alonePhiladelphia Business JournalBattered from all sides Thursday morning, the Philadelphia Parking Authority heard from Uber and Lyft leaders who asserted the state laws governing ridesharing were fine as-is, and dealt with accusations the agency is using taxi and limousine drivers ...and more »
- High Court Puts Brakes on Cabbies' Suit Over Uber, Lyft - Daily Report (registration) May 16, 2017Daily Report (registration)High Court Puts Brakes on Cabbies' Suit Over Uber, LyftDaily Report (registration)The Georgia Supreme Court delivered some good news Monday for Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing companies, tossing a lawsuit brought by cabbies seeking to block the competition. In a unanimous decision released ... The stated purpose is "to provide ...and more »
- Judge temporarily blocks Seattle law allowing Uber and Lyft drivers to unionize - The Seattle Times April 4, 2017The Seattle TimesJudge temporarily blocks Seattle law allowing Uber and Lyft drivers to unionizeThe Seattle TimesOn Monday, April 3, 2017, about a dozen drivers for app-based car services gather in front of Seattle City Councilmember Mike O”Brien's home in Fremont to protest a city law allowing them to unionize. A federal judge has put the […]
- Taxi union withdraws lawsuit against Uber and Lyft - The Daily Pennsylvanian January 19, 2017The Daily PennsylvanianTaxi union withdraws lawsuit against Uber and LyftThe Daily Pennsylvanian“If the PPA enforces the regulations as written, there shouldn't be any issues,” said attorney Edward Millstein, who represented President of the Taxi Worker's Alliance of Pennsylvania Ronald Blount. Martin O'Rourke, a spokesman for the PPA, agreed.