Translate This Page
- Rochester flocks to ridesharing but wheelchair users left out - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle August 16, 2017Rochester Democrat and ChronicleRochester flocks to ridesharing but wheelchair users left outRochester Democrat and ChronicleAs Uber and Lyft mark over a month upstate, Woodward said the CDR is ready to use advocacy and pursue litigation if ridesharing companies fail to provide service to wheelchair users. “Unless they start putting action into what they're saying, and […]
- Uber Can't Keep Driving Itself - WIRED August 16, 2017WIREDUber Can't Keep Driving ItselfWIREDWhen Benchmark Capital distributed a letter this week about its lawsuit against former Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, it was addressed to Uber's employees. But make no mistake: It wasn't written primarily for them. The letter quickly became a scavenger hunt ...and more »
- Judge Doesn't Like Chicago's Ban on Ads in Ubers - Courthouse News Service August 11, 2017Courthouse News ServiceJudge Doesn't Like Chicago's Ban on Ads in UbersCourthouse News ServiceCHICAGO (CN) — A federal judge refused to dismiss a constitutional lawsuit challenging a Chicago law that prohibits Uber, Lyft and other rideshare drivers from displaying ads and entertainment inside and outside their cars. Vugo, a Minneapolis-based ...
- Vugo given green light to continue lawsuit vs city over Uber, Lyft ad ban - Cook County Record August 10, 2017Cook County RecordVugo given green light to continue lawsuit vs city over Uber, Lyft ad banCook County RecordA Minneapolis-based tech firm which provides interactive video advertising to be displayed in Uber and Lyft vehicles has received a green light to continue its legal challenge against a Chicago city ordinance barring such advertising in the vehicles […]
- Ridesharing Legislation May Trigger New Wave of Litigation | Daily ... - Daily Business Review (registration) August 10, 2017Daily Business Review (registration)Ridesharing Legislation May Trigger New Wave of Litigation | Daily ...Daily Business Review (registration)On July 1, Florida legislators enacted a new law, Florida Statute Section 627.748, imposing new insurance requirements for ridesharing companies; and, provid.and more »
- It will take a lot to kill businesses like Uber | Opinion - Sun Sentinel - Sun Sentinel August 7, 2017Sun SentinelIt will take a lot to kill businesses like Uber | Opinion - Sun SentinelSun SentinelDespite shooting itself in the foot again and again, Uber continues to hold a pretty commanding share of what is still a growing market.and more »
- Could co-ops replace ridesharing companies like Uber? - Salon August 5, 2017SalonCould co-ops replace ridesharing companies like Uber?SalonBecause I have a neurological disability that prevents me from driving, Uber has been a godsend for me, and I am certain that many other disabled individuals who can't drive feel the same way. That said, regularly using Uber for transportation can get ...
- In a Year of Uber Scandal, Lyft Keeps Cruising - Seattle Weekly August 2, 2017USA TODAYIn a Year of Uber Scandal, Lyft Keeps CruisingSeattle WeeklyLast year, when Seattle Weekly put the call out for “best rideshare,” Seattle voted for Uber. This year, by a landslide, the winner was Lyft. And true, times have been tough for the brash rideshare giant. Scandals at everyone's favorite company to hate ...Judge dismisses […]
- Uber, Lyft Each Add Half of Ex-Power Couple as Lobbying Quickens - Bloomberg BNA July 27, 2017TechCabalUber, Lyft Each Add Half of Ex-Power Couple as Lobbying QuickensBloomberg BNAProtect your clients by developing strategies based on Litigation. ... Heather Podesta, the founder of Invariant, is lobbying for Uber on labor, transportation, and other issues. ... The Podestas aren't the only lobbyists working for the ride-sharing ...Contact driver about a lost item | […]
- Judge hears taxi driver's lawsuit in Jefferson Parish - FOX 8 WVUE ... - FOX 8 News WVUE-TV July 25, 2017FOX 8 News WVUE-TVJudge hears taxi driver's lawsuit in Jefferson Parish - FOX 8 WVUE ...FOX 8 News WVUE-TVTaxi drivers in Kenner are suing the city over an ordinance they say is unfair. The case will be heard in Gretna Tuesday morning.and more »