Donate To A Fallen Driver
When all work related fatalities in the U.S, regardless of industry or occupation .are grouped together, transportation incidents are the #1 cause.
Many people do not realize how risky for-hire driving is. Limousine, taxi and rideshare drivers are actually put at great risk driving passengers, especially in large cities.
Worse, in many parts of the world and the U.S. for-hire drivers are treated as independent contractors and do not have the benefits of workers’ compensation coverage. That would pay for medical bills and lost wages when hurt on the job and death benefits for survivors in the event of a fatality.
Additionally, ride-share drivers use their personal car for transporting passengers and in the event of an accident they lose their mobility until the car is repaired and insurance is settled. Many times this takes weeks or months, all without income. Many of these drivers find themselves saddled with crushing medical bills, loss of transportation and unable to return to work or get other jobs.
The explosion of rideshare work and resultant accidents has created a growing subset of incapacitated workers on the edge of poverty and homelessness. Learn more about what needs to be done to protect these workers. Uber’s Nifty Workers Comp Insurance Carrier: GoFundMe
Below are links to many of these drivers that have reached out to charity websites like GoFundMe and GiveForward to ask for help in getting them back to work. In some cases, when the family breadwinner has been killed, the surviving members reach out for burial costs and medical bills. Click on the thumbnail image and read their stories, then donate for a good cause to help keep them off the poverty rolls.
If you know of a for-hire driver that has been injured or had his car damaged or totaled, get them to post on one of these social funding sites and send the link to Rideshare Justice Project and we will add it to the list.
Current Charity Pages For Taxi & TNC drivers Affected By Work Related Issues
Translate This Page
- Uber Has Sped to the Top of Burlington's Ride-for-Hire Heap - Seven Days October 18, 2017Seven DaysUber Has Sped to the Top of Burlington's Ride-for-Hire HeapSeven DaysUnder a revised taxi ordinance that Burlington adopted in 2016 — largely prompted by Uber's arrival two years earlier — vehicle-for-hire companies pay 25 cents for every ride that begins or ends in Burlington. Fifty-three registered vehicle companies ...and more »
- Rapid City officials welcome prospect of Lyft services - Newscenter1.tv October 17, 2017Rapid City officials welcome prospect of Lyft servicesNewscenter1.tvNationwide, ride-hailing programs like Lyft and Uber have given consumers alternatives to taxis. South Dakota law has previously ... So there is more work to be done, and I believe that the next biggest reduction in DUI behavior will occur once we get ...and more »
- Uber pushed the limits of the law. Now comes the reckoning | NOLA ... - NOLA.com October 13, 2017NOLA.comUber pushed the limits of the law. Now comes the reckoning | NOLA ...NOLA.comOfficials are looking into possible bribes, illicit software, questionable pricing scheme.and more »
- Uber Pushed the Limits of the Law. Now Comes the Reckoning ... - Bloomberg October 11, 2017BloombergUber Pushed the Limits of the Law. Now Comes the Reckoning ...BloombergThe ride-hailing company faces at least five U.S. probes, two more than previously reported, and the new CEO will need to dig the company out of trouble.Uber pushed the limits of the law. Now comes the reckoningETAuto.comall 32 news articles »
- Weekly Roundup: October 2-6. Latest Rideshare News and Posts - Ridester (blog) October 9, 2017Ridester (blog)Weekly Roundup: October 2-6. Latest Rideshare News and PostsRidester (blog)This week, our has been focused on delivering valuable information about safety for rideshare drivers and riders. Safety is something that should be considered ...and more »
- Ninth Circuit Pauses Seattle Ride-Share Union Ordinance, But Uncertainty Remains - JD Supra (press release) September 28, 2017Ninth Circuit Pauses Seattle Ride-Share Union Ordinance, But Uncertainty RemainsJD Supra (press release)Recently, the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit blocked the implementation of Seattle Ordinance 124968, which would allow drivers for ride-sharing apps such as Uber and Lyft to form unions, while a suit over the new law is on appeal […]
- Ninth Circuit Pauses Seattle Ride-Share Union Ordinance, But ... - Lexology September 26, 2017Ninth Circuit Pauses Seattle Ride-Share Union Ordinance, But ...LexologyRecently, the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit blocked the implementation of Seattle Ordinance 124968, which would allow drivers…and more »
- SFPD: Uber, Lyft account for two-thirds of congestion-related traffic violations downtown - San Francisco Examiner September 26, 2017San Francisco ExaminerSFPD: Uber, Lyft account for two-thirds of congestion-related traffic violations downtownSan Francisco ExaminerSpeaking to the San Francisco Examiner, Supervisor Aaron Peskin said the number was dramatic enough to spur a potential lawsuit against Uber and Lyft. “I'm going to talk to City Attorney [Dennis] Herrera about this right now,” he said, and added […]
- Lyft Moves In On London Market After Uber Ban - PYMNTS.com September 25, 2017PYMNTS.comLyft Moves In On London Market After Uber BanPYMNTS.comNews of the interest comes just days after the TfL declined to renew Uber's license, dealing the leading ridesharing company a major blow. If Uber's appeal fails, it will no longer be able to operate in the city, paving the way for a competitor to ...Petition · […]
- 9th Circuit Grants a Temporary Reprieve from Seattle's Ridesharing Union Ordinance - Lexology September 19, 20179th Circuit Grants a Temporary Reprieve from Seattle's Ridesharing Union OrdinanceLexologyThese efforts extend beyond “employees” as unions now are also targeting independent contractors, with one of the most notable being the robust ridesharing industry made popular by apps like Uber and Lyft. ... of Commerce subsequently filed an action ...