Donate To A Fallen Driver
When all work related fatalities in the U.S, regardless of industry or occupation are grouped together, transportation incidents are the #1 cause.
Many people do not realize how risky for-hire driving is. Limousine, taxi and rideshare drivers are actually put at great risk driving passengers, especially in large cities.
Worse, in many parts of the world and the U.S. for-hire drivers are treated as independent contractors and do not have the benefits of workers’ compensation coverage. That would pay for medical bills and lost wages when hurt on the job and death benefits for survivors in the event of a fatality.
Additionally, ride-share drivers use their personal car for transporting passengers and in the event of an accident they lose their mobility until the car is repaired and insurance is settled. Many times this takes weeks or months, all without income. Many of these drivers find themselves saddled with crushing medical bills, loss of transportation and unable to return to work or get other jobs.
The explosion of rideshare work and resultant accidents has created a growing subset of incapacitated workers on the edge of poverty and homelessness. Learn more about what needs to be done to protect these workers. Uber’s Nifty Workers Comp Insurance Carrier: GoFundMe
Below are links to many of these drivers that have reached out to charity websites like GoFundMe and GiveForward to ask for help in getting them back to work. In some cases, when the family breadwinner has been killed, the surviving members reach out for burial costs and medical bills. Click on the thumbnail image and read their stories, then donate for a good cause to help keep them off the poverty rolls.
If you know of a for-hire driver that has been injured or had his car damaged or totaled, get them to post on one of these social funding sites and send the link to Rideshare Justice Project and we will add it to the list.
Current Charity Pages For Taxi & TNC drivers Affected By Work Related Issues
Translate This Page
- Rittenhouse stabbing exposes how gig workers take safety into their own hands July 17, 2018Rittenhouse stabbing exposes how gig workers take safety into their own hands Philly.comFull coverage
- What you don't know about a rideshare vehicle could be a safety issue for your family July 17, 2018What you don't know about a rideshare vehicle could be a safety issue for your family KATUFull coverage
- Dockless Bikesharing Hits New York City's Transit-Hungry Fringes July 17, 2018Dockless Bikesharing Hits New York City's Transit-Hungry Fringes CityLabFull coverage
- Bill to Increase Use of Zero-Emission Vehicles Could Credit Uber, Lyft for Bike Miles July 16, 2018Bill to Increase Use of Zero-Emission Vehicles Could Credit Uber, Lyft for Bike Miles Streetsblog California (blog)Full coverage
- Uber and Lyft Drivers Willing to Drive Children Without Car Seats July 16, 2018Uber and Lyft Drivers Willing to Drive Children Without Car Seats Lawyers.com Blog (blog)Full coverage
- Uber now monitors its drivers for criminal offenses in real time July 13, 2018Uber now monitors its drivers for criminal offenses in real time CNNMoneyFull coverage
- In wake of I-25 fatal shooting, Uber and Lyft reiterate safety policies regarding weapons July 13, 2018In wake of I-25 fatal shooting, Uber and Lyft reiterate safety policies regarding weapons The Denver PostFull coverage
- Uber HR boss out after charges she ignored complaints about racist behavior July 11, 2018Uber HR boss out after charges she ignored complaints about racist behavior USA TODAYUber executive Hornsey resigns in email to staff following discrimination probe ReutersFull coverage
- The next Uber? Scooter startups flood US cities as funding pours in July 10, 2018The next Uber? Scooter startups flood US cities as funding pours in NBCNews.comCity Sues Scooter Operator Bird urbanmilwaukeeUber Will Rent Scooters Through Its App in Partnership With Lime BloombergFull coverage
- What is the fallout from the Dynamex decision? July 10, 2018What is the fallout from the Dynamex decision? FreightWavesFull coverage