Donate To A Fallen Driver
When all work related fatalities in the U.S, regardless of industry or occupation .are grouped together, transportation incidents are the #1 cause.
Many people do not realize how risky for-hire driving is. Limousine, taxi and rideshare drivers are actually put at great risk driving passengers, especially in large cities.
Worse, in many parts of the world and the U.S. for-hire drivers are treated as independent contractors and do not have the benefits of workers’ compensation coverage. That would pay for medical bills and lost wages when hurt on the job and death benefits for survivors in the event of a fatality.
Additionally, ride-share drivers use their personal car for transporting passengers and in the event of an accident they lose their mobility until the car is repaired and insurance is settled. Many times this takes weeks or months, all without income. Many of these drivers find themselves saddled with crushing medical bills, loss of transportation and unable to return to work or get other jobs.
The explosion of rideshare work and resultant accidents has created a growing subset of incapacitated workers on the edge of poverty and homelessness. Learn more about what needs to be done to protect these workers. Uber’s Nifty Workers Comp Insurance Carrier: GoFundMe
Below are links to many of these drivers that have reached out to charity websites like GoFundMe and GiveForward to ask for help in getting them back to work. In some cases, when the family breadwinner has been killed, the surviving members reach out for burial costs and medical bills. Click on the thumbnail image and read their stories, then donate for a good cause to help keep them off the poverty rolls.
If you know of a for-hire driver that has been injured or had his car damaged or totaled, get them to post on one of these social funding sites and send the link to Rideshare Justice Project and we will add it to the list.
Current Charity Pages For Taxi & TNC drivers Affected By Work Related Issues
Translate This Page
- Taxify launches in another country to challenge Uber's ride-sharing dominance December 12, 2017Taxify launches in another country to challenge Uber's ride-sharing dominance MashableUber competitor Taxify launches in Sydney, will expand to Melbourne before Christmas SmartCompany.com.auFull coverage
- "There really is no excuse,” police arrest 3 drunk drivers in 3 hours December 12, 2017"There really is no excuse,” police arrest 3 drunk drivers in 3 hours KEPR 19Full coverage
- Why You Might Want to Stay Away From Tech's Three Biggest Unicorns December 11, 2017Why You Might Want to Stay Away From Tech's Three Biggest Unicorns Madison.comFull coverage
- How Email Open Tracking Quietly Took Over the Web December 11, 2017How Email Open Tracking Quietly Took Over the Web WIREDFull coverage
- Inside today's newspaper December 11, 2017Inside today's newspaper Greensboro News & RecordFull coverage
- Dallas Uber driver accused of rape had family violence arrest that should have barred him from job, suit says December 10, 2017Dallas Uber driver accused of rape had family violence arrest that should have barred him from job, suit says Dallas NewsFull coverage
- Uber's criminal background checks aren't cutting it December 8, 2017Uber's criminal background checks aren't cutting it The Denver PostFull coverage
- Ford's Autonomous Vehicle Plans Are Not As Sexy As GM's, But Make More Sense December 7, 2017Ford's Autonomous Vehicle Plans Are Not As Sexy As GM's, But Make More Sense NasdaqFull coverage
- With just her words, Susan Fowler brought Uber to its knees December 7, 2017With just her words, Susan Fowler brought Uber to its knees RecodeFull coverage
- Uber's Data Breach: Can the Company Course-correct? December 1, 2017Uber's Data Breach: Can the Company Course-correct? Knowledge@WhartonFull coverage