Donate To A Fallen Driver
When all work related fatalities in the U.S, regardless of industry or occupation .are grouped together, transportation incidents are the #1 cause.
Many people do not realize how risky for-hire driving is. Limousine, taxi and rideshare drivers are actually put at great risk driving passengers, especially in large cities.
Worse, in many parts of the world and the U.S. for-hire drivers are treated as independent contractors and do not have the benefits of workers’ compensation coverage. That would pay for medical bills and lost wages when hurt on the job and death benefits for survivors in the event of a fatality.
Additionally, ride-share drivers use their personal car for transporting passengers and in the event of an accident they lose their mobility until the car is repaired and insurance is settled. Many times this takes weeks or months, all without income. Many of these drivers find themselves saddled with crushing medical bills, loss of transportation and unable to return to work or get other jobs.
The explosion of rideshare work and resultant accidents has created a growing subset of incapacitated workers on the edge of poverty and homelessness. Learn more about what needs to be done to protect these workers. Uber’s Nifty Workers Comp Insurance Carrier: GoFundMe
Below are links to many of these drivers that have reached out to charity websites like GoFundMe and GiveForward to ask for help in getting them back to work. In some cases, when the family breadwinner has been killed, the surviving members reach out for burial costs and medical bills. Click on the thumbnail image and read their stories, then donate for a good cause to help keep them off the poverty rolls.
If you know of a for-hire driver that has been injured or had his car damaged or totaled, get them to post on one of these social funding sites and send the link to Rideshare Justice Project and we will add it to the list.
Current Charity Pages For Taxi & TNC drivers Affected By Work Related Issues
Translate This Page
- Law enforcement cracking down on impaired drivers this 'drinksgiving' November 22, 2017Law enforcement cracking down on impaired drivers this 'drinksgiving' KSN-TV'Drinksgiving' DUI Checkpoint Planned In Montgomery County Patch.comFull coverage
- The Fortune 2018 Power Ranking: Who's Going to Have a Good Year November 22, 2017The Fortune 2018 Power Ranking: Who's Going to Have a Good Year FortuneFull coverage
- 'Uber only telling city what it wants to': Cabbie November 22, 2017'Uber only telling city what it wants to': Cabbie www.ottawacommunitynews.com/Full coverage
- The Rideshare Driver Who Chased Love Across the Ocean November 22, 2017The Rideshare Driver Who Chased Love Across the Ocean WIREDFull coverage
- Uber reveals cover-up of hack affecting 57M riders, drivers November 22, 2017Uber reveals cover-up of hack affecting 57M riders, drivers KTVU San FranciscoHackers stole data from 57M Uber riders, drivers – CEO RapplerUber Under Fire as It Belatedly Admits Hackers Stole Data Paul EisensteinUber's massive data breach gives rivals, critics a lift Toronto StarUber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People BloombergFull coverage
- Emanuel's 2018 budget approved; cost of phone fees and ride-share trips to rise November 21, 2017Emanuel's 2018 budget approved; cost of phone fees and ride-share trips to rise Chicago TribuneFull coverage
- Uber Hired Drivers With Criminal Records, Faces $8.9 Million Fine November 21, 2017Uber Hired Drivers With Criminal Records, Faces $8.9 Million Fine NewsweekUber faces big fine in Colorado for alleged inadequate driver background checks Denver Business JournalUber slapped with $9m fine for letting dodgy drivers pick up punters The RegisterUber fined $8.9 million by Colorado for allowing drivers with felony convictions, other driver's license issues The Denver Post!-! (Nov. 20) PUC […]
- Why Car Dealers Should Supply Vehicles to Uber and Lyft Drivers November 21, 2017Why Car Dealers Should Supply Vehicles to Uber and Lyft Drivers Ward's AutoWhat to Do if You are a Passenger in an Uber or Lyft Accident Legal Reader (blog)Lyft plans to operate more than 100 vehicles in Hamilton DeathRattleSports.comFull coverage
- Uber plans to buy 24000 autonomous Volvo SUVs in race for driverless future November 20, 2017Uber plans to buy 24000 autonomous Volvo SUVs in race for driverless future The GuardianVolvo Will Supply Uber With 24000 Self-Driving Cars The DriveVolvo to supply Uber with up to 24000 self-driving SUVs for taxi fleet Los Angeles TimesUber to buy up to 24000 Volvo cars for driverless fleet Financial TimesFull coverage
- The 2018 Fortune Crystal Ball: 59 Predictions for the Year Ahead November 20, 2017The 2018 Fortune Crystal Ball: 59 Predictions for the Year Ahead FortuneFull coverage